October Budget…Or How I Totally Failed
So here’s a rundown of what I spent during last month. It shouldn’t even be called a budget post because I totally failed this month and did not stick to my budget of $150. I usually have a good idea of what I’m going to buy at the beginning of the month so I can stay close to that number. But for some reason I go sucked in by all the sales and made some impulse purchases. And then I got into a funk towards the end of the month and used shopping as therapy. Does anyone else shop when they get depressed? Not good.
1) Gap Fleece Pleated Dress: ($40) This was on my list. I think it will be so versatile the whole year. I can wear it as is in the summer and add tights, a scarf and booties for fall. I got this dress on sale – 40% off during the Columbus day sales.
2) Anthropologie Vera Fedora – ($58) I’m LOVING the hats at Anthro right now! This was one of those impulse purchases. I should not be spending $58 on a HAT! But I feel like it really is perfect. It’s neutral and will go with so many outfits!
3) Jeweliq Rope Tassel Necklace – ($25) This was on my list too. It’s such a fun necklace. The necklace is very long which makes it easy to wrap and tie it different ways.
4) Joe Fresh 100% Silk Cargo Pocket Shirt – ($25) An impulse purchase. But how can I pass up a basic silk shirt for $25?
5) Madewell Striped Afternoon Dress – ($40) This was sort of an impulse purchase. I’d been wanting a striped dress like this all summer but kind of gave up. Then I saw this dress for 40% off the clearance price and I had to get it. Who knew Columbus Day sales would be so good?!
6) Gap Boyfriend Jeans – ($45) I got these at the Gap Outlet. I have a pair of cropped bf jeans but I wanted a longer pair. I actually like the outlet jeans better than the ones at Gap right now. They are a little longer and are more fitted which works better for me. So always check the outlets first! The outlet pair was $10 cheaper plus 30% off.
7) American Eagle Jeggings – ($30) I seriously needed to replace my dark skinny jeans. I had them for about 5 years (maybe longer) and they were so worn out. I decided to try the jeggings for a tighter fit and I love them!
8) Express Mock Neck Crop Top – ($20) I bought this specifically to go with one of my high waisted skirts. I prefer crop tops that cover up my chest (since I’m showing some stomach) and I liked how this one had a small turtleneck. I actually got this top and a bracelet for $20 with a coupon so really it was only about $10.
So I don’t even want to add this up. I’m pretty sure I spent twice my budget. I also think I bought more things than I have on this list but I can’t remember. I didn’t count all the nail polish and lipstick that I bought. Sigh… And I wish I could say I’ll try better this month but I’m sure black friday is going to mess me up.
In other news, I’m still without a computer. I’m hoping to get it fixed this weekend. My husband has a very late call today so I get to use his until he goes to work! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Franish: Budgeting Bloggers
Style Elixir: Friday’s Fab Favorites
You really went over budget but your purchases are great closet staples so I am sure you are going to get good use of every item.
I need to go shopping with you because I'm pretty sure I want ALL of this!
Ohhh but you found such great stuff! And so much of it look incredibly versatile. Plus HOW can you resist a good sale?!
That fleece dress is actually really adorable. Have you worn it yet? I'd love to see how you style it!
These are all so cute! I think I went a whole 2 months without buying anything. CRAZY. I'm sure my husband appreciates it but not sure how much longer I can hold out!
Fashion and Beauty Finds
This is somewhat related to the post, but how did you make the graphic with the images and the numbers and all that?
I love your blog btw. I just cleared out a WHOLE bunch of blogs on Bloglovin', and yours was one of the few I kept! 🙂
Great buys – figure you can make it up to your budget in January? ;o)
I love that fleece dress from Gap – it looks so cozy, but when styled up, it could be perfect for work, too! I love dresses that can go from weekend to workday easily 🙂
I've been thinking about getting the teal hat that is just like that one!
That GAP dress looks sooooo comfortable (and cute too!). I can't wait to see you wear it! And I actually have been needing a new pair of dark jeggings – I might check out American Eagle!