So here’s a rundown of what I spent during last month. It shouldn’t even be called a budget post because I totally failed this month and did not stick to my budget of $150. I usually have a good idea of what I’m going to buy at the beginning of the month so I can stay close to that number. But for some reason I go sucked in by all the sales and made some impulse purchases. And then I got into a funk towards the end of the month and used shopping as therapy. Does anyone else shop when they get depressed? Not good.
1) Gap Fleece Pleated Dress: ($40) This was on my list. I think it will be so versatile the whole year. I can wear it as is in the summer and add tights, a scarf and booties for fall. I got this dress on sale – 40% off during the Columbus day sales.
2) Anthropologie Vera Fedora – ($58) I’m LOVING the hats at Anthro right now! This was one of those impulse purchases. I should not be spending $58 on a HAT! But I feel like it really is perfect. It’s neutral and will go with so many outfits!
3) Jeweliq Rope Tassel Necklace – ($25) This was on my list too. It’s such a fun necklace. The necklace is very long which makes it easy to wrap and tie it different ways.
5) Madewell Striped Afternoon Dress – ($40) This was sort of an impulse purchase. I’d been wanting a striped dress like this all summer but kind of gave up. Then I saw this dress for 40% off the clearance price and I had to get it. Who knew Columbus Day sales would be so good?!
6) Gap Boyfriend Jeans – ($45) I got these at the Gap Outlet. I have a pair of cropped bf jeans but I wanted a longer pair. I actually like the outlet jeans better than the ones at Gap right now. They are a little longer and are more fitted which works better for me. So always check the outlets first! The outlet pair was $10 cheaper plus 30% off.
7) American Eagle Jeggings – ($30) I seriously needed to replace my dark skinny jeans. I had them for about 5 years (maybe longer) and they were so worn out. I decided to try the jeggings for a tighter fit and I love them!
8) Express Mock Neck Crop Top – ($20) I bought this specifically to go with one of my high waisted skirts. I prefer crop tops that cover up my chest (since I’m showing some stomach) and I liked how this one had a small turtleneck. I actually got this top and a bracelet for $20 with a coupon so really it was only about $10.
So I don’t even want to add this up. I’m pretty sure I spent twice my budget. I also think I bought more things than I have on this list but I can’t remember. I didn’t count all the nail polish and lipstick that I bought. Sigh… And I wish I could say I’ll try better this month but I’m sure black friday is going to mess me up.
In other news, I’m still without a computer. I’m hoping to get it fixed this weekend. My husband has a very late call today so I get to use his until he goes to work! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.