I know by now you’ve probably heard about Rocksbox. It seems to be going around the blog world at the moment. And for good reason – it’s a really fun subscription box service! Rocksbox lets you borrow, swap or buy designer jewelry pieces as many times as you want each month!
How it works:
For $19 a month you get 3 curated pieces of designer jewelry (worth around $200) shipped to you for free! You get to wear those pieces as long as you want and when you are ready, return all the pieces in the pre-paid package provided. The cool thing is you can swap out your pieces as many times as you want and it still only costs $19 a month. If you fall in love with one of your pieces you can buy that item at a discount. Plus you get $10 in “Shine Spend” to use each month on a piece of jewelry so that takes the cost down even more!
Perry Street Alta Earrings – Insider’s Price $55 $44
Sophie Harper Pave Circle Bracelet – Insider’s Price $54 $43
The crossed out price is the retail value of the piece and the second price is what you would pay for the item if you decide to buy it! Plus you have $10 of ‘Shine Spend’ to apply towards one purchase each month.
I’ll give you the Pro’s and Con’s of my experience so far.
– You get to wear designer items that might not be in your price range. They have a great selection of Gorjana pieces that I can’t wait to try out!
– You get great discounts! I’ll probably buy the Alta Earrings and I’ll get them for $34 with my $10 ‘Shine Spend’!
– You get to switch up your jewelry collection. If you are someone that likes to experiment with different styles but don’t necessarily want to commit – this is for you!
– The jewelry is used. Every piece is inspected and cleaned before it gets sent out again but if you are someone that wants “fresh out of the box” items it might not be for you.
– One of the earrings in my box had a gem that had fallen out. So sad! I can’t wear the earrings because of that. But you aren’t charged for damaged pieces and I’ll just send them back and get them replaced.
– You might not get all of the pieces you request in each box. You create a “Wish List” of pieces from the Rocksbox collection that you’d like to try. I added about 8 pieces when I first signed up. The Perry Street Alta Earrings were the only items in my box that I’d actually requested. The other two pieces were picked for me by the Rocksbox team based on the Style Quiz I took when I signed up. I put this down as a Con because if you are really picky about the items that you want you might not like someone else picking items for you. But it can also be a Pro because you might get pieces you didn’t even know you wanted! I actually like both of the items that were picked for me.
So overall my experience has been positive. I would definitely recommend this service if you like to switch up your jewelry a lot or you want to try out designer items you wouldn’t otherwise get to try.
The GREAT news is you can get your first month FREE with the code:
If you liked this review and would like to try Rocksbox I’d appreciate it if you sign up with my code! Thanks so much!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.