If you are looking for easy appetizer ideas for the holidays then I’ve got you covered! These crostini recipes only take a couple of minutes to put together and they taste AMAZING. The only difficult part is not eating them all before the guests arrive.
Now, I know that holiday gatherings might be smaller and more laid back this year but that doesn’t mean you can’t put out some festive foods. Even if you are spending the holiday’s by yourself I highly recommend making these and eating them all with a glass of wine. That’s exactly what I did after I made them for these photos!
Cranberry Brie Crostini and Roasted Tomato + Pesto Crostini
I chose to do a Cranberry Brie Crostini and Roasted Tomato + Pesto Crostini because of the festive red and green color scheme. Plus, the cranberry jam is especially perfect for Thanksgiving.
How to Make Cranberry Brie Crostini
All you need for the Cranberry Brie Crostini is a baguette, a wedge of brie cheese, a jar of whole berry cranberry sauce, and a sprig of rosemary. (Just make sure you get the Whole Berry cranberry sauce can because you want the texture of the whole berries for this recipe). Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch pieces and brush both sides with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 5 mins on both sides (or until bread gets toasted). Slice brie cheese and place on bread. Add a dollup of the cranberry sauce, sprinkle sea salt on top, and add a sprig of rosemary. Done!
If you are feeling like an over-achiever then you can make your own cranberry sauce but I just used Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce in a can. I will say that it needs a little extra something so at the very least, sprinkle some sea salt on top. You can jazz up the jarred cranberry sauce by adding the zest and juice of one orange and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. And the rosemary garnish is a MUST as well. It really adds a nice flavor that takes this crostini to the next level.
How to Make Roasted Tomato + Pesto Crostini
The Roasted Tomato crostini take a little more work but it’s still really easy. Bake the baguette slices the same way as the Brie Crostini recipe. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes are roasted. Spread some goat cheese on the baguette slices, add a dollup of pesto, top with roasted tomatoes, and sprinkle chopped basil on top.
Again, if you want to be an over-achiever you can make fresh pesto following this recipe. But I just bought a jar of pesto and used that. A drizzle of balsamic glaze on top of this crostini would also be really good!
Cranberry Brie Crostini and Tomato, Pesto, Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 Baguette
- 1 Can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 8 oz Wheel of Brie
- 1-2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatos
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 1 Jar Pesto
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt for seasoning
- Pepper for seasoning
To Make Crostini:
- Preheat Oven to 425. Line Baking Sheet with Foil.
- Slice Baguette on a diagonal into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush both sides of each slice with Olive Oil and place on Baking Sheet.
- Bake in the oven until toasted. About 5 minutes per side.
To Make Tomatos:
- Slice Cherry Tomatoes in half and toss with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- Spread Tomatoes on Baking Sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are brown and soft.
- Take Tomatoes out of the oven and let cool while you assemble the Brie Crostini.
To Assemble Brie Crostini:
- Slice Brie Cheese and place on top of toasted Baguette Slices. (I keep the rind on the cheese).
- Spoon some of the Cranberry Sauce on top of the Cheese.
- Garnish with a piece of Rosemary. Sprinkle Sea Salt on top.
To Assemble Roasted Tomato Crostini
- Spread some Goat Cheese on top of toasted Baguette Slices.
- Spoon some Pesto on top of the Cheese.
- Place a few Roasted Tomatoes on top of the Pesto.
- Sprinkle chopped Basil on top of Tomatoes.
- I use all canned ingredients but you can also make your own cranberry sauce and pesto.
- Adding crispy prosciutto to the Brie Crostini would be a nice addition.
- Drizzling Balsamic Glaze on the Roasted Tomato Crostini is also an option.