The first day of fall was yesterday so I guess that means I can OFFICIALLY talk about fall clothes, right? As usual, I’m really excited to start building my fall wardrobe because fall textures, colors, and patterns are really my jam. Sadly, fall temps don’t arrive in California for a few more months so I’ll have to be patient!
Fall Wardrobe Essentials: What I’ve Added to My Closet
But that hasn’t stopped me from buying fall wardrobe essentials to my closet! It’s a little trickier now that I’m 6 months pregnant but all of the items below are still non-maternity!
Shop Fall Essentials
1. Rib Knit Dress: Camel is one of my favorite neutrals for fall. This is a basic that can be mixed and matched with a lot of different pieces. I could layer a blazer or sweater overtop and add a pair of croc-embossed shoes or snakeskin booties! This dress has stretch to it so it totally works with my bump as well!
2. Silk Scarf: I originally thought this was an abstract leopard print – but it’s actually kisses! And I think that makes me love it even more. It’s the perfect neutral print to add to any of these outfits – even as an accessory on a bag!
3. Hobo Bag (gifted): This bag will fit EVERYTHING. Even a laptop! I love the sleek, minimalist design that’s also a little bit relaxed.
4. Croc Loafers: If you can’t tell, I’m kinda obsessed with croc-embossed accessories. I love the texture it brings to an outfit. And these loafers are super comfy and also add a menswear inspired vibe to any outfit.
5. Cardigan Dress: I love that you can wear this as a dress or un-buttoned as a long duster/cardigan. I actually bought a cashmere version from Naadam but there are definitely more affordable options out there.
6. Oversized Blazer: I’m a believer that you can’t have too many blazers in your closet. I love oversized blazer for the comfort alone. Plus, it makes it easier to layer over thicker sweaters when it gets really chilly. I have several plaid blazers in my closet so I thought I’d add a different pattern.
7. Eyelet Knit Sweater(gifted): I can’t say no to a cozy sweater with pretty details. Sweaters get a little bit trickier to wear with the bump but I plan on folding the bottom up and under so it creates a cropped effect. Then I’ll be able to wear it layered over my knit dresses!
8. Knit Sweater in Fall Color(gifted): I looove the color of this sweater which is why I decided to pick it up! Again, I’ll be able to wear it over my knit dresses!
9. Knit Dress: I’m picking up a lot of knit dresses this fall because they are comfortable and I’ll be able to wear them now and after the pregnancy. Plus, olive is one of my favorite colors!
What pieces are you adding to your closet for fall?