*This post is sponsored by Zutano and Motorola. All opinions are my own!
When you are a first time Mom, trying to figure out exactly what baby items you actually need can be overwhelming! There are sooo many products out there. I know I registered for, and received a ton of baby products. But now that my little one is actually here, I’ve figured out exactly what is necessary in those first couple of weeks. Here’s a roundup of the items I’ve found really helpful!
1) NUROO Swaddle: There are so many types of swaddles out there it’s hard to know what is the best option. I thought I’d want to use the muslin swaddles but honestly, they take a little more skill to wrap properly, in my opinion. I prefer using velcro swaddles. And this one is really easy to use and keeps my squirmy one contained better than other swaddles. Plus it has an extender built in so it will grow with your little one!
2) Aden and Anais Swaddles: I thought I would use these to swaddle but I actually prefer them more as blankets. They are really lightweight, which is perfect for summer. My little one spends a lot of time just in his diaper (that makes diaper changes a lot easier!) so we just use these swaddles as a light blanket when we are holding him or when he is taking a nap.
3) Zutano Kimono Top: When baby Harrison does wear clothes I like them to be easy to take off because he’s always peeing on himself…haha. This top still gives me access to his diaper and the snaps mean I don’t have to pull something over his head to put it on and take it off. Plus it’s so cute!
4) Motorola Baby Monitor: If you decide to have your baby sleep in a separate room from you it’s important to have a good baby monitor. Right now, Harrison is sleeping in our bedroom but eventually he’ll be in his crib. What I love about this monitor is that you can access the feed on your phone! That means if you are away from home you can still check in on your little one. It gives you a little extra peace of mind for when you are out and someone else is watching your baby.
5) Wee Gallery Flashcards: Babies can’t see very well at all when they are born. So high contrast images are the most easy to see. We use these cards during tummy time. I love the art work and the black and white design!
6) Natursutten Pacifier: This pacifier has been a lifesaver! We use it when Harrison gets fussy and I’m not around to feed him right away. It’s also great for keeping him busy if I just need a break!
7) Gathre Changing Mat: This has also been a lifesaver. It’s super easy to clean – just wipe it down – and is portable so we can change Harrison wherever. We usually keep it in the bassinet so it protects the mat from getting dirty.
8) Guava Family Bassinet: I actually bought the Bassinet Kit + Crib bundle. We are just using the bassinet right now. This bassinet is SUPER lightweight and foldable. So it’s great for travel or if you just want to move it around to different parts of the house. We have it downstairs in the living room during the day and move it upstairs at night.
Obviously, you are going to need LOTS of diapers and wipes. I can’t believe how many diapers we’ve already gone through!
How cute is this onesie from Zutano?! And the Motorola Baby Monitor is easy to attach to any part of a crib. The legs are bendable and adjustable.
More cute baby clothes from Zutano!
I love the Motorola MBP855Connect Baby Monitor because it’s wi-fi enabled which means when you are away from home you can keep an eye on things with your smartphone! How cool! It’s also portable, easy to mount, and has two-way communication so you can talk to your baby through the monitor when you aren’t in the room!
Are there any newborn essentials that I missed? What did you find most useful in those first weeks?