I’m excited to announce that my husband and I are having a BOY! I have to admit that it was kind of a shock because I was SURE we were going to have a girl. My husband and I actually both wanted to have a girl first so it’s taken a little while to adjust to the thought of having a little boy. But we are definitely excited and I can’t believe we only have about three more months until we meet our little one!
I also thought I’d let you know what I’ve been using during my second trimester so far. My belly has finally popped so I’m starting to use more maternity/pregnancy specific products. Here are my favorites!
- Boppy Pregnancy Wedge: I wanted to have support for my belly since I sleep on my side and I prefer the wedge over a pillow because it’s easy to “wedge” it under the belly as opposed to a bulkier pillow. It’s also firmer so it won’t give as much with the weight of your belly. I’m hoping that it helps a little bit with preventing stretch marks since it gives the belly and skin more support.
- Leachco Snoggle Total Body Pillow: I don’t actually have this pillow but it looks amazing. I might get one for the third trimester. Right now I have a long pillow that I use as my body pillow but this one has head and leg support.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Lotion: I was really sad when I found out that stretch marks have more to do with genetics than anything else. But that’s not going to stop me from using all the creams and lotions! This is a pregnancy standard so I thought I’d give it a try. I love the way it smells and that it contains a lot of natural ingredients. I also wanted a lotion with collagen because I’ve heard that is effective with preventing stretch marks. I’m 26 weeks and so far so good! Or I should say I haven’t gotten any new stretch marks because I do have light stretch marks on my bum from before I got pregnant. I don’t know how that happened but I’m not looking for any new ones!
- Mother’s Special Blend Oil: I wanted a completely all natural oil to apply after showers to really hydrate my skin. This blend contains almond oil, pecan oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter and vitamin E. That’s it! So I can feel good about applying it all over my body.
- Lush Butterball Bath Bomb: Relax and moisturize your skin with a nice bubble bath! I went to Las Vegas over the weekend and took a bubble bath every night. It was sooo nice. I chose this bath bomb because it had a few simple ingredients and all were safe to use during pregnancy. You just have to make sure that you don’t make the bath water too hot because that’s not good for the baby. But a nice warm bath is fine.
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting: This is another pregnancy standard. I haven’t really read any pregnancy books because I don’t want to freak myself out! But I do check this book out when I have questions and to get a general idea of what to expect at different stages.
- Ingrid and Isabel Dress: a stretch dress is a definite MUST HAVE as your belly gets bigger. And this one works great now and will still work even if my belly gets twice as big! It’s sooo comfortable!
- Belly Band: I started using belly bands at the end of my first trimester and I still use them now when I want to wear my non-maternity pants. These are a great option if your belly hasn’t gotten too big.
- ASOS Maternity Jeans: I finally bought a pair of maternity jeans and they are actually really comfortable! And I love that ASOS has really affordable options. I love the “under the bump” band because it feels just like wearing regular jeans.
I’m also trying to drink plenty of water and taking a prenatal vitamin that my doctor prescribed.
Are there any pregnancy must haves that I missed?