This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoreHuggiesMoreSavings #CollectiveBias
Before I actually became a mom, I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to need. I knew I’d need diapers and wipes but there are so many other baby items on the market it’s hard to narrow it down sometimes! So today I’m sharing my Diaper Changing Station Essentials so you know exactly what you need in those first few months!
1) DIAPERS! – This one is obvious but I actually didn’t realize how many diapers I’d be going through on a daily basis. I’ve used Huggies® Little Snugglers Diapers on Harrison ever since he was born and I find they work really well. There’s a yellow stripe on the front that turns blue when your baby urinates and they are labeled “front” and “back” so there’s no confusion which is very helpful if you have no diaper changing experience like I did! You definitely need to stock up on diapers so you don’t have to make any last minute runs to the store. And I’m sharing an easy way to stock up and save money on diapers below!
2) Wipes – You’ll be going through a lot of these as well so you better stock up! I like the natural, unscented wipes because baby skin is so delicate and sensitive. The Huggies® Natural Care Baby Wipes are 99% water with aloe and vitamin E added to soothe and moisturize! My box came with a reusable tub and 5 – 184 wipe refills! P.S. you DON’T need a wipe warmer. Babies don’t really care if the wipe is cold or warm. Harrison doesn’t seem to mind a cold wipe!
3) Drawer Organizers – It really helps to keep everything organized in your drawer. I picked up a few collapsable drawer organizers in various sizes that I can move rearrange in the drawer depending on what I need in there. Otherwise, everything just gets jumbled together!
4) Wipeable Diaper Pad – I decided not to go with the typical pad with removable cover because that’s just more cleaning/laundry that I’d have to do. It’s so much easier to just wipe down the pad and be on my way! It’s a little more expensive but sooo worth it.
5) Diaper Rash Cream – You definitely don’t want your baby to have a sore bum because that means a fussy baby. So a diaper cream is a must have! Of course, if you want to simplify your station even more, just use some expressed breast milk!
6) Hand Sanitizer – Sometimes it’s just easier to use some hand sanitizer after a diaper change instead of washing your hands. It’s always nice to save a few minutes!
7) Toy/Pacifier – It’s nice to have something to occupy your baby while you are changing him. Harrison likes a pacifier because he can’t really hold onto toys yet.
8) Hair Brush, Thermometer, Nail Clippers, Baby Lotion – It’s a good idea to have some personal care items ready just in case!
I also suggest having a Portable Diaper Changing Station ready because you never know when you’ll have to change a diaper! I keep a small basket with diapers and wipes downstairs so I don’t have to take Harrison upstairs to his nursery during the day just to change him. I also highly suggest a wipeable travel mat that you can roll up or fold. That way you can make diaper changes easy anywhere, anytime!
I knew that I’d need a lot of diapers and wipes with a newborn but I didn’t realize just how many diapers we’d go through in a day. Seriously, it’s crazy you guys! I feel like we are constantly going to the store to get diapers and wipes. That’s why I’m so excited to introduce you to the Instant Savings offer with Huggies at Sam’s Club!
You don’t have to worry about making last minute shopping runs to pick up diapers and wipes anymore. It’s so easy to order online at Sam’s Club with a membership. And if you join now you can get $45 in Instant Savings when you buy 3 Huggies products! And if you join online now you get a $5 e-gift card! That’s a lot of savings!
To get your savings just follow these instructions:
- Join Sam’s Club online through this link (or you can print it out and join in-store)
- Buy any 3 participating Huggies products (the one’s that say “instant savings”)
- Get $45 automatically applied at checkout!
It’s that easy! Just make sure you sign up through the link above AND purchase 3 participating Huggies products to get the Instant Savings.
I love being a Sam’s Club member because it’s so easy to save money and re-order diapers and wipes through their subscription service. Just select how often you’d like your items delivered and they will automatically be re-ordered! That’s just one less thing to worry about! You can see how much money you’ll save below when you order through Sam’s Club!
Are any of you Sam’s Club members? What is your favorite Sam’s Club service?